The video version of our Professional Legal Nurse Consultant program comes complete on DVD with a choice of downloadable or mailed copy of the textbook. Simply watch the DVD and then complete the certification package. Upon completion, you will receive a frameable certificate indicating your Professional Legal Nurse Consultant Certification.
Video Course Objectives:
- List five services a PLNC can provide.
- Identify the two top reasons for becoming a PLNC.
- Describe four cost effective marketing tools.
- Outline the essential parts of a consulting contract.
- Describe the four elements of a medical/nursing practice lawsuit.
- List six legal terms to incorporate into your PLNC practice.
- Identify the five most common standards of care issues in lawsuits.
- Develop responses to the five most common standards of care issues in lawsuits.
- Describe key research techniques for use in reviewing medical legal cases.
- List the ten essential deposition strategies.
What Is a Legal Nurse Consultant?
Why become a Professional Legal Nurse Consultant?
Chapter 1 Becoming a PLNC:
Starting Your PLNC Practice
Self-Employment or Traditional Employment
Full-time or Part-time
Consulting versus Testifying
Chapter 2 Marketing:
Marketing Your Legal Nurse Consulting Practice
Cost Effective Marketing Tools
How To Create an Effective Curriculum Vitae and Resume
Chapter 3 Business Development:
Setting Up Your Legal Nurse Consulting Business
Preparing a Consulting Agreement
Setting and Collecting Fees
Chapter 4 Litigation:
Understanding the Litigation Process from Complaint to Trial
Legal Terms You Need To Know
Chapter 5 Litigation Support:
Reviewing, summarizing and giving opinions on medical records
Case Screening Checklist
Chapter 6 Evaluating Cases:
How to review medical records
Identifying Medical/Nursing Malpractice
Chapter 7 Research:
Key Research Techniques
Simple Research Tools to Use in your PLNC practice
Chapter 8 Reporting Your Findings:
Preparing a Targeted Case Evaluation
Chapter 9 PLNC Tools:
Drafting a Case Screening Form
Chapter 10 Testifying As An Expert Witness:
Essential Skills/Areas of Expertise
Being an Expert Witness/10 Key Deposition Skills
Chapter 11 Medical Record Review:
Analyze and evaluate sample medical records
Focus on essential medical/nursing issues in a case
Chapter 12 Sample Complaint Analysis:
Lawsuit Complaint evaluation
Step-by-step analysis of a lawsuit document
Other Available Formats
Attend the two-day Professional Legal Nurse Consultant certification course LIVE. Come in a nurse, leave a PLNC.
Receive four complete lessons via email with a link to download the textbook you will rely on to learn the material. Work at your own pace and fit learning to your schedule. Then, complete the certification package.